MIT Video Pitch Contest
View All News & Updates
Share your story with global MIT community, enter to win $1500!
Deadline extended! What's are you doing to change the world? How can resources like the IDEAS Competition and MIT Global Challenge help?
Share your story in the Global Challenge Video Pitch Competition and be eligible to win $1500.
The contest is open to anyone, but teams must involve MIT students. The winning entry will receive $1500 and will be featured in the October 2010 launch of the MIT Global Challenge.
We want to tap student passion to make the world a better place by asking you to make a case for why the MIT community worldwide should care about the Global Challenge. To be successful we'll need their support to fund awards, underwrite challenges, and support student projects as mentors, volunteers, and local promoters of the Global Challenge. Download contest details [word.doc].
What we’re after
Were offering $1500 to the team led by one or more MIT students that creates the best viral video against the following five criteria:
- An attention grabber. Make it arresting and too good to turn away from. Something like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-XZk0yxCzc
- Informative. Leverage a powerful hook that invites adventurous thinking while sharing important information. For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-8PBx7isoM
- Trés MIT. Appeal to that quality of the MIT experience that combines rigorous inquiry and experimentation to inspire curiosity. Perhaps not unlike: http://www.break.com/index/stop-motion-t-shirt-war.html
- Flat-out motivates. Make a clear ask for alumni involvement that is propelled by the quality of the narrative and visual experience. A lot like: http://en.tackfilm.se/?id=1269490106486RA20
- All you. Be completely genuine, using original sound and footage to achieve a startling result. Well, we don’t have a really have a good example of that one. Yet!
What you need to know
- Videos must be 2 minutes. No longer, not much shorter.
- Entries must be submitted online no later than [NEW!] midnight Friday October 1, 2010 through our Vimeo channel: http://vimeo.com/groups/mitglobalchallenge (if you have problems, send us your youtube.com etc url)
- Videos will be judged by Global Challenge staff and volunteers and a winner announced a our Generator Dinner Wednesday October 17, 2010. Winners will also be notified by email.
- The winning video will be used in a Global Challenge marketing campaign promoted by the MIT Public Service Center in the fall. All qualified videos will be archived and available at: http://vimeo.com/groups/mitglobalchallenge.
- Videos containing inappropriate content will not be judged; they’ll be removed from the Vimeo channel.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!